We require experienced ground workers for immediate starts in the Dublin area. Experience of working on large Civil Engineering projects is a requirement for these positions.
- Pipe laying
- Drainage works will all form part of your duties.
- Tickets for site dumper or other machines will be a significant advantage.
Machine Excavator Operator
Hold a valid CSCS 180/360° Excavator Card and have experience of working on a variety of Civils Works such as foundation construction, building of access roads, laying of bog/mats.
To be skilled and proficient in varied tasks to include:
- Banks man
- Concrete work
- Steel fixing
- Use of multipurpose excavators
- Dumper driver
- Experience of using laser levels/ theodolites
- Hold and maintain relevant statutory requirements e.g. Safe Pass, Clean Driving Licence CSCS
- Strong commitment to safety and applying safe work practises on day to day duties
- Good time keeping and prepared to travel and work away from home
- Strong logical and innovative problem solving skills
- Energetic and physically fit, and willing/able to work in any weather conditions and terrains
- Technical minded, with strong ability to read maps, technical drawings, grid coordinates etc.
Smith Groundworks have been retained by a respected Main Contractor to recruit for the role of Senior Engineer for major projects in Leinster. The company are undertaking a number of projects in Leinster and are seeking strong Senior Engineers with scope to progress into a PM role over the next 1-5 yrs.
About the opportunity:
- Excellent opportunity to grow with an established industry leader
- Competitive salary + package
- Ideal opportunity to quickly progress into a PM role
You will be required to manage all site engineering works, and will be responsible for the progression and completion of works packages in conjunction with the site management team. The ideal person will have experience in large scale structures and projects to include piling, steel/ concrete frames, precast elements and curtain walling. The role will involve the management & coordination all procured materials / elements. In addition you will also be responsible for the management of subcontractors whilst monitoring their performance on the job.You will also be responsible for supervision, quality and measurement of all concrete pours. You shall have a solid background in site engineering, having the capability to manage setting out / site engineers under your control.You shall have an engineering background and will possess at least 5 years main contracting experience
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet with a Client’s needs and budget
- Managing the Setting out and checking works as required for the project
- Managing the sub-contractors and personnel on site in order to drive project through to successful completion on time and within budget, finished to the highest standards. This includes keeping a daily site diary with required information recorded and where all manpower levels for each Sub-Contractor are recorded
- Overseeing QA/QC on groundworks, piling, rc works, envelope, managing Site Engineers
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Construction Team
- Attending weekly management team meetings
- Maintaining, tracking and scheduling the daily and weekly work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports from the master construction programme
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Organise the delivery of materials, plant and equipment needed for the construction project and supervise labour
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Mgmt or related discipline
- At least 3 years experience
- Previous Experience on large building projects
- Ability to effectively manage site programme and associated schedules to required deadlines
- Excellent Record Keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with design issues
- Excellent People Management skills
Smith Groundworks are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor .you will provide a comprehensive, accurate and value driven service for large, high profile and exciting key commercial, corporate and residential clients.
As QS, you will work as part of the team to help deliver all aspects of quantity surveying from inception of a project through to completion. You will work on a number of projects, varying in complexity.
- Feasibility estimates, cost planning (presenting same to Client's), contract procurement, tender documentation, value engineering and commercial awareness, fee generation, dispute resolution, post contract management (competent in cost reporting).
- Drive performance standards through expert communication and effective use of the performance management process.
- Work on projects of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors and appropriate problem solving.
- Be aware of and develop marketing opportunities and where appropriate bring to the attention of Directors and the Business Development Department, in order that they may assist in following up potential leads enabling the development of new business.
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Cost Planning: Area Schedules, Measurement of Quantities and entry onto Estimating software, Cost planning, Presenting Cost plan.
- Tender Documentation: BQ/Pricing Schedule Measurement, Preliminaries/Appendices, Team/Project leader.
- Tender Evaluation: Review and Analysis of Tenders, Tender Reports.
- Feasibility Estimates.
- Value Engineering and Commercial Awareness.
- Risk Management.
- Post Contract Management: Preparation of Valuations, Final Accounts, Cost Reporting, Change Control.
- Contract Procurement.
- Fee Generation through the delivery of market leading service to existing Client relationships and underpinning repeat business, supporting the development of new relationships on behalf of the business.
- Able to work under own initiative where appropriate, but also keen to work as part of a team and to be mentored and to develop and progress in their career development.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – Client facing.
- Very good numeracy skills.
- Keenness to challenge, but in an engaging, not aggressive way.
- An enthusiasm to go the extra mile, to provide great client service.
- Articulate and able to interface directly and confidently with Client Leads and Design Team Principals. Achieves the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
- Champions a safe and secure working culture in accordance with SHE guidelines and procedures.
- Ideally Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar qualification and hold or working towards Chartered status. .
- Proven 5 year post qualification experience.